Friday, January 11, 2008

Introduction

Hi, everyone , this is my first blog~~welcome~
I chose the American Election as my topic, because I am interested in this kind of things, I can also learn something from this topic, American election is concernd with American politics and economics. Lots of countries in the world are influenced by this election, I will know such kind of things through the research in coming months. It is kind of important news in the world, i think it is easy for me to find information from Internet and newspaper, but it is a bit hard for me to find it from books in library if i want to know the newest thing, because this is news. In other words, I can find history of American election from library, I think it should be useful for my topic. Another hard thing is I have to translate, Finding Chinese resource is much easier to seek and read for me, but this is English class, so after I find approprite resource I have to translate them word by word, this is such a challenge to me.
There are some differences between North American coverage and media from my home, the first thing is the language , the media from my home written in Chinese, but the North American coverage should be written in English.Another thing is different position, in America, different group support different president depends on their advantage such as Economics , life and so on, but the media from my home mainly depends on the Chinese advantage.

That's the introduction of my topic~thank you for reading.

Jefferson.Li

2 comments:

SHH said...

It's good to see somebody else has chosen American election as his topic. Generally, you wrote well, but there are a few things, which I think you may want to fix/polish. First, it's good to see that you declared why you have chosen this topic, but it would be better if you have clarified your position/opinion on the topic. Like, I love Obama, or Clinton is better than Obama because ...., and etc. Looking at your grammer and spelling errors, there are some obvious errors in your post. First, you used several commas, instead of using periods. Second, there are several spelling mistakes such as concernd, and approprite -which is supposed to be concerned and appropriate. - Also, i should be capitalized. If you fix these errors, you will have a very good post.
Anyway, I am interested in learning this issue from a different point view. Since you are Chinese and I am Korean, you can help me by posting Chinese opinion on the topic.
Nice job!!!

Enoch said...

I really like the topic that you chose! The American election is really the hottest topic of this year.

I think you should elaborate more about the election itself, such as, be more specific on the candidates, the parties the candidates are representing, the main plank in their election campaigns, their influence nationally and internationally. I think the topic is vague and you do not really have a main argument or a research question. As Sun Ho mentioned, I think you should also state your position. You may ask yourself who you are supporting? And why? And which candidate would benefit the Chinese crowds once he is elected?

In general, I think this is really a great start for you. However, you should pay more attention on your grammar and spellings. Try using the spell check!